Beloved Voyeurs

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Thrills, Pills, and Headaches

I had a migraine yesterday. I don't get them often and I don't know what caused it. However, like most people, I am perfectly willing to speculate so it could have been caused by tiredness, the fact my glasses need replacing, or my excessive chocolate consumption. I don't know if any of those could cause a migraine but they sound plausible. Yesterday I stayed in bed until 5.15, at which point I crawled downstairs wrapped in a duvet, woke up Pete who was sleeping on the floor (signed off with bad back), and complained of hunger. Then I couldn't sleep last night. This may have been due to excessive sleeping during the day, or poor injured Pete's twitching, shuffling and snoring (snoring has nothing to do with said injury but I don't feel I can beat him up about that just now). Which brings us to today when I'm at my desk in the office feeling uncomfortably warm, nauseous, and with a lingering headache. I feel bad for having missed work yesterday so I'm hesitant to go home, but at the same time, I'm of very little use, performing only simple tasks, and mainly hiding behind my monitors, procrastinating by checking Facebook, Twitter, and here. This just serves to make me feel even more wretched. I'm trying to force myself to sit it out until at least mid-afternoon when perhaps I can beg for mercy and depart early. However in the meantime, if anyone asks me to do anything to complicated, I may well cry.

It's my birthday on Friday. I'm sure this is contributing to my cheery demeanour.

No comments: